Add new Subscriptions
Subscription payments occur when customers authorise a merchant to charge them for goods or services on a scheduled basis. As opposed to one-time purchases, recurring payments require merchants to securely store additional customer information for future charges. Automated payments simplify the billing process, maximising revenue, securing cash flow, and fostering long-term customer relationships.
To add a new Subscription, which will automatically add a new Customer:
- Go to Subscriptions > Add new.
- Complete the Customer's Personal Information, Address, Payment Information and Payment Details.
- Choose the Interval, Frequency, Start and End Date, and Retry.
- Select Add Subscription.
To add a Subscription from Customers, go here .
Here are the Subscriptions' key parameters:
- Interval - the period between Charge reattempts (daily, weekly, monthly or annually).
- Frequency - the number of Charge reattempts for the set Interval (e.g. a Charge every 5 days equals Interval to 'days' and Frequency to '5').
- Start Date - the date of the first Charge, in UTC format
- End - the date of the last Charge, in UTC format
- End never – process Charges until manual termination.
- End date – process Charges until a specified date.
- End amount reached or exceeded - process Charges until a certain financial threshold has been reached or exceeded.
- End amount not to exceed - process Charges before a certain financial threshold has been reached. The remainder of the Charges will not be processed if there's a 'gap'.
- Total Transactions - process Charges until a specified number of payments have been collected.
- Total amount equals - process Charges until a specified amount of payments have been collected. The remainder of the Charges will be processed at the last Transaction if there's a shortfall.
Note : By default, the first Charge on the Subscription is scheduled for 11:30 AM UTC on the current day . If you create a Subscription earlier, the Charge will happen at this particular time, so do not worry if you do not see an immediate payment. If a Subscription is created after 11:30 AM UTC, the Charge will be made immediately.