Add Braintree to your payments ecosystem
To connect Braintree to Paydock, you will need to register for a Sandbox or production merchant account with Braintree.
Step 1: Look up your Braintree credentials
- Login into your Braintree Sandbox or Production account;
- Find your Merchant ID, Public Key, and Private Key:
- Navigate to the Account button on the top of the page. Click on the My User button;
- Scroll down the page to find the section called API Keys, Tokenization Keys, Encryption Keys and click on the View Authorizations button;
- Your Public Key will be displayed on this page under the Public Key column;
- To view your Private Key, click on the View button associated with the Public Key you plan to use with Paydock and look under the Private Key column;
- Continue scrolling further down the page to find your Merchant ID;
Step 2: Connect Braintree to your Paydock Account
- Log into your Paydock Production or Sandbox account;
- Navigate to Services from the menu on the left;
- Click on the Add New tab from the top of the page;
- Navigate to or search Braintree and click on the Activate button;
- Complete the required fields to connect:
- Label - Specify the name by which you will recognize this service later. This is just for your reference. In Paydock, you can add multiple instances of a service, which can be helpful for tracking campaigns or income streams.
- Merchant - This is your Braintree Merchant ID;
- Public Key - This is your Braintree Public Key;
- Private Key - This is your Braintree Private Key;
- Select Environment Mode - This describes whether you are connecting to a Braintree Production or Sandbox Environment. Production is used for processing real transactions. Sandbox is used for testing purposes. Please ensure you’re using the correct credentials for the type of environment you're using.
- Click Connect. You have successfully connected Braintree to Paydock!
If you would like to connect this service via API, please use this guide.