Add Braintree to your payments ecosystem
To connect Braintree to Paydock, you will need to register for a Sandbox or production merchant account with Braintree.
Step 1: Gather your credentials from Braintree
- Login into your Braintree Sandbox or Production.
- Gather your Merchant ID, Public Key and Private Key:
- Navigate to the “Account” button on the top of the page. Click on the “My User” button;
- Scroll down the page to find the section called “API Keys, Tokenization Keys, Encryption Keys” and click on the “View Authorizations” button;
- Your Public Key will be displayed on this page under the “Public Key” column;
- To view your Private Key, click on the “View” button according to the Public Key you will use, under the “Private Key” column;
- Continue scrolling to find your Merchant ID, further down the page;
Step 2: Connect Braintree to your Paydock Account
- Log into your Paydock Production or Sandbox account;
- Navigate to Services from the menu on the left;
- Click on the Add New tab from the top of the page;
- Navigate to or search Braintree and click on the Activate button;
- Complete the field descriptions to connect. Field descriptions are as follows:
- Label – this is for your reference only. In Paydock, you are able to add multiple instances of a payment gateway or method. This can be helpful for tracking campaigns or income streams.
- Merchant – this is your Braintree Merchant ID.
- Public Key – this is your Braintree Public Key.
- Private Key – this is your Braintree Private Key.
- Select Environment Mode – this describes whether you are connecting to a Braintree Production or Sandbox Environment. Production is used for processing real transactions. Sandbox is used for testing purposes. Please ensure you’re using the correct credentials for the type of environment required.
- Click Connect. You have successfully connected Braintree to Paydock!
If you would like to create a gateway via API, feel free to use this guide.