PayPal Classic (Checkout)
Add PayPal Classic to your payments ecosystem
Before we start activation, please ensure you understand that "PayPal Classic" is not the exact same service as "PayPal" and that you know what you are integrating. Email us at email@example.com for questions.
- Register a PayPal business account. (If you don't have one register here. After applying for a business account you will need to track your application and then need to get API credentials in your PayPal profile settings.)
- Ensure reference payments are enabled. If you are unsure about what this is, please send us an email to the PayDock team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 1: Gather your credentials from PayPal
- Go through the PayPal Wizard > Select "On your website"
2. Select "PayPal Checkout"
3. Go here to gather your API Username, API Password, and Signature. Click "Show" to reveal your keys.
Step 2: Connect PayPal Classic to your PayDock Account
- Log into your PayDock Production or Sandbox account.
- Navigate to "Services" from the menu on the left
- Click on the "Add New" tab from the top of the page
- Navigate to or search "PayPal Classic" and click on the "Activate" button
- Complete the field descriptions to connect. Field descriptions are as follows:
- Label – this is for your reference only. In PayDock, you are able to add multiple instances of a payment gateway or method. This can be helpful for tracking campaigns or income streams.
- Client ID – this is your PayPal API Username.
- Secret Key – this is your PayPal API Password.
- Signature - this is your PayPal Signature
- Environment Mode – this describes whether you are connecting to a PayPal Production or Sandbox Environment. Production is used for processing real transactions. Sandbox is used for testing purposes. Please ensure you’re using the correct credentials for the type of environment required.
- Configure your PayPal Checkout Button using our docs
- Click Connect. You have successfully connected PayPal Classic to PayDock
We've provided some test card data from the official PayPal documentation. Please bear in mind this may change and is here for convenience. If you are not getting expected responses please contact PayPal or refer to the official developers site.
While testing, use only the credit card numbers listed here. Other numbers produce an error. Expiration Date must be a valid date in the future (use the mmyy format).
|Credit Card Type||Credit Card Number|
|American Express Corporate||378734493671000|