Add PayPal to your payments ecosystem
- Register for a PayPal business account. (If you don't have one, please register here. After applying for a business account you will need to track your application and then need to get the API credentials in your PayPal profile settings.);
- Ensure reference payments are enabled. If you are unsure about what this is, please send us an email to the Paydock team at firstname.lastname@example.org;
Step 1: Gather your credentials from PayPal
- Go to PayPal's developer page and sign in to your account.
- From there, Create your App credentials here.
- Fill in the App Name (the name you give the app doesn't matter - we recommend calling it Paydock, though, just to make it easy and to keep track).
4. Select the Sandbox developer account of your choice. Click on Create App.
5. Once you've created the app, first click on Live on the top right so that you are getting the right credentials to put into Paydock. (Don’t do this afterwards, else you’ll need to copy-paste your credentials again from scratch).
6. Then, click Show to reveal the secret key. You'll need your Client ID and Secret key.
Step 2: Connect PayPal to your Paydock Account
- Log into your Paydock Production or Sandbox account;
- Navigate to Services from the menu on the left;
- Click on the Add New tab from the top of the page;
- Navigate to or search PayPal and click on the Activate button;
- Complete the field descriptions to connect. Field descriptions are as follows:
a. Label – this is for your reference only. In Paydock, you are able to add multiple instances of a payment gateway or method. This can be helpful for tracking campaigns or income streams.
b. Client ID – this is your PayPal API Client ID.
c. Secret Key – this is your PayPal API Secret Key.
d. Select Environment Mode – this describes whether you are connecting to a PayPal Production or Sandbox Environment. Production is used for processing real transactions. Sandbox is used for testing purposes. Please ensure you’re using the correct credentials for the type of environment required.
- Click Connect. You have successfully connected PayPal to Paydock!
If you would like to create a gateway via API, feel free to use this guide.