Add PayPal to your payments ecosystem
Please note that PayPal offers several payment services. This integration is for your customers to transact using their PayPal account and is not the same as PayPal Classic or PayPal Express Checkout. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com. To connect PayPal to Paydock, you will need to:
- Have a PayPal business account. (If you don't have one, you can register here. After applying for a business account, you will need to track your application and then get the API credentials from your PayPal profile settings by following the process below.);
- Ensure Reference Payments are enabled. If you are unsure about what this feature is or how to enable it, please email the Paydock team at firstname.lastname@example.org;
Step 1: Look up your PayPal credentials
- Go to PayPal's developer page and sign in to your account;
- From there, Create your App credentials here;
- Fill in the App Name (the name you give the app doesn't matter, though we recommend calling it Paydock, just to make it easier for you to keep track).
- Select the appropriate Sandbox developer account > Click on Create App.
- Once you've created the App, click on Live on the top right to get the credentials you'll need. (Complete this step now. Otherwise, you’ll need to copy and paste your credentials again from scratch later.)
- Click Show to reveal the Secret Key. You'll need your Client ID and Secret Key.
Step 2: Connect PayPal to your Paydock Account
- Log into your Paydock Production or Sandbox account;
- Navigate to Services from the menu on the left;
- Click on the Add New tab from the top of the page;
- Navigate to or search PayPal and click on the Activate button;
- Complete the required fields to connect:
- Label - Specify the name by which you will recognize this service later. This is just for your reference. In Paydock, you can add multiple instances of a service, which can be helpful for tracking campaigns or income streams.
- Client ID - This is your PayPal API Client ID.
- Secret Key - This is your PayPal API Secret Key.
- Select Environment Mode - This describes whether you are connecting to a PayPal Production or Sandbox Environment. Production is used for processing real transactions. Sandbox is used for testing purposes. Please ensure you’re using the correct credentials for the type of environment you're using.
- Click Connect. You have successfully connected PayPal to Paydock!
If you would like to connect this service via API, please use this guide.