Add Payment Stripe to your payments ecosystem
Step 1: Gather your credentials from Stripe
- Log in to Stripe Dashboard;
- Gather your Stripe Secret Key and Publishable Key here;
- Click the “Reveal live key token” button to reveal your Stripe Secret Key;
Step 2: Connect Stripe to your Paydock Account
- Log into your Paydock Production or Sandbox account;
- Navigate to Services from the menu on the left;
- Click on the Add New tab from the top of the page;
- Navigate to or search Stripe and click on the Activate button;
- Complete the field descriptions to connect. Field descriptions are as follows:
- Label – this is for your reference only. In Paydock, you are able to add multiple instances of a payment gateway or method. This can be helpful for tracking campaigns or income streams.
- Publishable Key - this is your Stripe Publishable Key.
- Secret Key - this is your Stripe Secret Key.
- Select Environment Mode – this describes whether you are connecting to a Stripe Production or Sandbox Environment. Production is used for processing real transactions. Sandbox is used for testing purposes. Please ensure you’re using the correct credentials for the type of environment required.
- Click Connect. You have successfully connected Stripe to Paydock!
If you would like to create a gateway via API, feel free to use this guide.
Note: New Stripe features: Stripe connected accounts, GooglePay and ApplePay via Stripe, etc. require a Stripe Publishable Key. If you have connected to the Stripe gateway before, i.e. with the Secret Key only, it is necessary to edit the gateway going to Services -> find the gateway in question -> click Actions -> choose Edit.
Using Stripe Connect with Paydock
Paydock provides support for merchants using Stripe Connect. You can support this by sending through transfer requests inside the transfer object, or by sending through meta parameters. Paydock fully supports all aspects of Stripe Connect, including Direct Charges, Destination Charges and Charges and transfers.
For more information on how we support Stripe Connect, please refer to our API reference documentation.