Add Payment Stripe to your payments ecosystem
Step 1: Gather your credentials from Stripe
- Log in to Stripe Dashboard
- Gather your Stripe Secret Key here
- Click the “Reveal live key token” button to reveal your Stripe Secret Key
Step 2: Connect Stripe to your PayDock Account
- Log into your PayDock Production or Sandbox account.
- Navigate to "Services" from the menu on the left
- Click on the "Add New" tab from the top of the page
- Navigate to or search "Stripe" and click on the "Activate" button
- Complete the field descriptions to connect. Field descriptions are as follows:
- Label – this is for your reference only. In PayDock, you are able to add multiple instances of a payment gateway or method. This can be helpful for tracking campaigns or income streams
- Secret Key - this is your Stripe Secret Key
- Environment Mode – this describes whether you are connecting to a Stripe Production or Sandbox Environment. Production is used for processing real transactions. Sandbox is used for testing purposes. Please ensure you’re using the correct credentials for the type of environment required
- Click Connect. You have successfully connected Stripe to PayDock
We’ve provided some test card data from Stripe official site. Please bear in mind this may change and is here for convenience. If you are not getting expected responses please contact Strip or refer to the official developers docs.
By default, passing address or CVC data with the card number will cause the address and CVC checks to succeed. If not specified, the value of the checks will be null. Any expiration date in the future will be considered valid.
While testing you can configure your decline settings. These allow you to decide whether a failing cvc_check or failing address_zip_check should cause the charge to be rejected. Perhaps surprisingly, even if these details are wrong, the charge can succeed; it’s up to you decide what to do in that case. By default, Stripe will decline charges with a failing cvc_check. If you’d prefer to allow these charges to succeed, you can update your decline settings.
Using Stripe Connect with PayDock
PayDock provides support for merchants using Stripe Connect. You can support this by sending through transfer requests inside the transfer object, or by sending through meta parameters. Paydock fully supports all aspects of Stripe Connect, including Direct Charges, Destination Charges andCharges and transfers.
For more information on how we support Stripe Connect please refer to our API reference documentation.