Add Stripe to your payments ecosystem
Step 1: Look up your Stripe credentials
- Log in to your Stripe Dashboard;
- Find your Stripe Secret Key and Publishable Key here;
- Click the Reveal Live Key Token button to reveal your Stripe Secret Key.
Step 2: Connect Stripe to your Paydock Account
- Log into your Paydock Production or Sandbox account;
- Navigate to Services from the menu on the left;
- Click on the Add New tab from the top of the page;
- Navigate to or search Stripe and click on the Activate button;
- Complete the required fields to connect:
- Label - Specify the name by which you will recognize this service later. This is just for your reference. In Paydock, you can add multiple instances of a service, which can be helpful for tracking campaigns or income streams.
- Publishable Key - This is your Stripe Publishable Key.
- Secret Key - This is your Stripe Secret Key.
- Select Environment Mode - This describes whether you are connecting to a Stripe Production or Sandbox Environment. Production is used for processing real transactions. Sandbox is used for testing purposes. Please ensure you’re using the correct credentials for the type of environment you're using.
- Click Connect. You have successfully connected Stripe to Paydock!
If you would like to connect this service via API, please use this guide. Note: To utilise new Stripe features, such as connected accounts, GooglePay, and ApplePay via Stripe, etc., you will need a Stripe Publishable Key, as described above. If you connected Stripe to your Paydock account prior to needing a Publishable Key and would like to utilise new Stripe features, you will need to edit your Stripe connected service by going to Services -> find your Stripe connection -> click Actions -> choose Edit and add your Publishable Key.
Using Stripe Connect with Paydock
Paydock supports merchants using Stripe Connect. You can utilise this feature by sending through transfer requests inside the transfer object, or by sending through meta parameters. Paydock fully supports all aspects of Stripe Connect, including Direct Charges, Destination Charges and Charges and transfers.