Add First American to your payments ecosystem
To connect to this gateway, you will need to have a merchant account set up with First American. To obtain a sandbox account, you can reach out to the First American team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
To obtain live merchant account credentials, contact the First American support team by submitting a ticket via this link and complete their onboarding process.
Step 1: Look up your First American credentials
You can get your Merchant Key and Processor ID by contacting First American support. You can also find these credentials in the Welcome Letter you received when your First American merchant account was approved.
Step 2: Connect First American to your Paydock Account
- Log into your Paydock Production or Sandbox account;
- Navigate to Services from the menu on the left;
- Click on the Add New tab from the top of the page;
- Navigate to or search First American and click on the Activate button;
- Complete the required fields to connect:
- Label - Specify the name by which you will recognize this service later. This is just for your reference. In Paydock, you can add multiple instances of a service, which can be helpful for tracking campaigns or income streams.
- Merchant Key - This is your First American Merchant Key.
- Processor ID - This is your First American Processor ID.
- Select Environment Mode – This describes whether you are connected to a First American Production or a Sandbox Environment. Production is used to process real transactions. Sandbox is used for testing purposes only. Please ensure you’re using the correct set of credentials for the type of environment you're using.
- Click Connect. You have successfully connected First American to Paydock!
If you would like to connect this service via API, please use this guide.
Note: The "description" key is a required field when making a direct debit payment. It should have an ACH Category Name value that was created on the First American side.