How to manage charge fields and set custom labels
Paydock has made managing your charges even more convenient with our new custom fields feature. Now, you can pass custom fields to appear in the Charges menu of the Paydock dashboard.
With this feature, it is possible to create templates or select a specific charge or transaction field that you would like to see in the View All table and assign custom labels to them. To find out more about creating a charge click here.
How to pass custom fields
Custom fields can be useful for passing any metadata you wish to transfer to the gateway side or to simply store at Paydock. To pass custom fields in a charge, please go to Charges > Add new > find the Custom Fields section.
The custom fields enable you to add any name or value that you would like. However, if you also want to pass these fields to the gateway as well (e.g EMS or Stripe), please make sure that the value complies with the gateway requirements for these fields. From the dropdown, you are able to select previously created custom fields. This significantly reduces the time when creating a charge.
After creating the charge, the custom fields will be passed to your gateway side. You can add up to 25 custom fields.
Templates with custom labels
We’ve also created another useful feature which divides the view modes in the Сharges page. Now you are able to switch between the Charges View Mode and Txns (Transaction) View Mode. This enables you to manage your charges in a more convenient way. You can find this feature by going to Charges > See All. To switch to another view mode, you can click on the dropdown menu from the See All tab.
How to create and set your custom template
In order to filter the lists of your charges according to specific parameters, You can create templates with different sets of fields. By clicking on the Settings button in the corner of the Charges section, a modal window will appear where you will be able to select a list of possible fields including custom ones.
The following buttons and boxes will be available on the modal window:
- Field name - these fields are prefilled with charge or transaction fields, depending on the selected view mode. Custom fields will be displayed in the Txns View Mode and will appear at the bottom of the page.
- Label - this is a custom title that you can assign to any field. This can be helpful for tracking fields or income streams. It is required to fill in if you put a checkmark for displaying it in the Charges/Txns menu.
- Display in the Charges/Txns menu - this displays a chosen field on the Charges or Txns page. You can select up to 8 fields to show on the Charges/Txns page.
- Display in the CSV export - this allows you to add a chosen field to the CSV file. More information about downloading the file with charges can be found here. You can select an unlimited number of fields to be included in the CSV report.
- Update - this button enables you to update the current template.
- Save as a new template - the button can be used to save your changes as a new template. Make sure to specify a name for the new template in the corresponding box when attempting to save it.
- Template name - this is a name for your new template you are attempting to save.
- Delete - this will delete your existing template.
The last created template will be shown by default. You can view and modify any chosen When you select a template from the dropdown menu, you can then view and modify these by clicking on the Settings button.
It is also possible to drag fields to change their order on the Charges/Txns page and the CSV report. The option to do that appears on the left when hovering over the field name.
How to store the set filters in your custom template
Paydock added a possibility to store not only the chosen fields and labels in your custom Charges or Transactions templates but also the set filters. In order to save new filters for your custom template, please follow these steps:
Navigate to Charges from the menu on the left;
Choose the custom template where you would like to store filters;
Select the required filters;
Click on the Settings button in the right upper corner of the Charges section;
Put a checkmark next to Apply current filters;
Click the Update button for saving changes in the selected template.
Success! You have stored the necessary filters in the selected custom template.