Add Adyen to your payments ecosystem
To connect to the Adyen gateway, you will need to have a merchant account with Adyen. To sign up for a test account, please click here. In order to obtain a live merchant account, you will need to contact Adyen’s support team and go through their typical onboarding process.
Step 1: Gather your credentials from Adyen
Firstly, you will need to gather your credentials from Adyen, this includes your API key and Merchant Account name. You can find these parameters by logging into your Adyen account > Account > API credentials.
Step 2: Connect Adyen to your Paydock Account
- Log into your Paydock Production or Sandbox account.
- Navigate to Services from the menu on the left
- Click on the Add New tab from the top of the page
- Navigate to or search Adyen and click on the Activate button
- Complete the field descriptions to connect. These field descriptions are as follows:
a. Label – This is for your reference only. In Paydock, you are able to add multiple instances of a payment gateway or method. This can be helpful for tracking campaigns or income streams.
b. Merchant - This is an Adyen merchant Account name.
c. API key - This is your Adyen API key.
d. Select Environment Mode – This describes whether you are connecting to an Adyen Production or a Sandbox Environment. Production is used for processing real transactions. Sandbox is only used for testing purposes. Please ensure you’re using the correct set of credentials for the type of environment you require to use.
- Click Connect. You will be given a unique Webhook URL. It can be found by clicking Actions > Edit near the Adyen gateway
- Create a standard notification using your URL. This guide can be useful during the process
- Success! You have successfully connected Adyen to Paydock!
Note: Flows for an authorized charge and a usual charge may be different depending on the choice of the Capture Delay parameter. Provided that the "immediate" value is set in the Capture Delay settings of your account (Adyen account > Account > Settings), the charge will be completed in any case, regardless of the Capture status, e.g. "False" or "True".
In all other cases, all charges will be completed depending on the Capture status.