Add Fiserv to your payments ecosystem
To connect to the gateway, you must have a merchant account with Fiserv. You can apply for a test account here. To obtain a live merchant account, contact Fiserv's support team and go through the onboarding process.
Step 1: Look up your Fiserv credentials
You can find your Fiserv API Store ID, User ID, and password, and access or request your certificate files in PEM format and a certificate passphrase from your Fiserv online account.
Step 2: Connect Fiserv to your Paydock Account
- Log into your Paydock Production or Sandbox account;
- Navigate to Services from the menu on the left;
- Click on the Add New tab from the top of the page;
- Navigate to or search Fiserv and click on the Activate button;
- Complete the required fields to connect:
- Label - Specify the name by which you will recognize this service later. This is just for your reference. In Paydock, you can add multiple instances of a service, which can be helpful for tracking campaigns or income streams.
- Private Key - This is a Client Certificate Private Key stored in a key file with the naming scheme: WSstoreID._.userID.key. You will need to open this file (with Notepad on Windows and TextEdit on MacOS) and copy the whole code block including the tags "-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----" and "-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----".
- Username - This is your Fiserv API username which consists of Store ID and User ID, provided in the format: WSstoreID._.userID.
- Password - This is your Fiserv API password, which is required for basic authentication.
- Certificate - This is a Client Certificate PEM File stored in a PEM file with the naming scheme: WSstoreID._.userID.pem. You will need to open this file (with Notepad on Windows and TextEdit on MacOS) and copy the whole code block including the tags "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----" and "-----END CERTIFICATE-----".
- Select Environment Mode - This describes whether you are connecting to a Fiserv Production or Sandbox Environment. Production is used for processing real transactions. Sandbox is used for testing purposes. Please ensure you’re using the correct credentials for the type of environment you're using.
- Certificate Passphrase - This is a Client Certificate Private Key Password. This password protects the private key of the client certificate and is needed to access the private key file. It follows the naming scheme: ckp_creationTimestamp.
- Multicurrency Account - Check this box if your Fiserv account includes a multicurrency setup.
- Account Currency - Choose the default currency of your Fiserv account, if yours includes a multicurrency setup.
- Click Connect. You have successfully connected Fiserv to Paydock!
If you would like to connect this service via API, please use this guide.