Two-factor authentication (2FA) is great for those who care about security as it provides another layer of protection preventing attackers from gaining access to your account.
To enable 2FA, you will need to install one of the authenticator tools, for example, Google Authenticator or Twilio Authy (see below: Setup in Authenticators).
Enable 2FA in your PayDock account:
- Go to 'My account';
- Switch to the 'Two-factor authentication' tab;
- Click 'Enable', a QR code will appear;
- Open the authenticator app on your phone (see below: Setup in Authenticators);
- Scan the QR code or type in the string of digits and letters into the corresponding fields on your authenticator app screen;
- In your PayDock account, choose a recognizable token name and then enter the 6-digit code received by the authenticator app;
- 2FA is now enabled;
- Now, every time you log into your PayDock account, you will be asked to provide a 6-digit authentication code along with your login email and password.
Setup in Authenticators
Download the App onto your phone. After downloading and signing in, you need to add an account clicking on the '+' sign. The easiest way to do it is to scan a QR code that appears on the screen in your PayDock account. Or you can type in an alphanumeric code provided below the QR code. Once done, you will see a 6-digit code that should be pasted to the '6 Digit Code' field. Then click 'Add account' to complete the setup. The whole process is described here.
The process for Twilio Authy is pretty much the same. The only difference is that this tool creates an encrypted backup of all your accounts and asks you to specify a password for it. It happens right after you scan a QR code or type in an alphanumeric one. You may skip this step by clicking on three dots in the upper right corner, choosing 'Skip', and confirming your actions. Feel free to follow these instructions on the setup.
Note: Make sure that the time on your device is correct. It may be better to enable automatic updating of your cell phone time in the settings. Otherwise, a 6-digit code may be shown as incorrect.
Adding, pausing and deleting tokens
You can also add new tokens from the 'Two-factor authentication' menu. When clicking on 'Actions' next to the existing token, you can delete or pause it. The paused one can be re-activated in the future. If several tokens are active, you can take the 6-digit code for the login from any of the authenticator apps.
If you want to disable the 2FA in your account, you will need to delete or pause all the tokens in your account.
Note: It is not possible to reinstate the deleted token. Once you confirm that you want to delete it, it is archived and is no longer available within the account. If you plan to use it in the future, it may be better to pause the token instead.