Activation two-factor authentication (2FA) is strongly recommended for payment accounts as it provides additional layer of protection for your financial data and merchant facilities. To enable 2FA, you will first need to install a free third-party authenticator tool, such as Google Authenticator or Twilio Authy (see below: Setup in Authenticators).
To enable 2FA on your Paydock account follow these steps within your4 :
- Go to My Account;
- Switch to the Two Factor Authentication tab;
- Click Enable, generating a QR code.
Now you can use this QR code like so:
- Open the authenticator app on your phone (see below: Setup in Authenticators).
- Scan the QR code or type in the random string of letters and digits into the corresponding fields on your authenticator app screen.
- In your Paydock account, choose a recognisable token name and then enter the 6-digit code received by the authenticator app.
- 2FA is now enabled and every time you log into your Paydock account, you will be asked to provide a 6-digit authentication code along with your login email and password.
Setup in Authenticators
Download the App onto your phone. After downloading and signing in, you need to add an account by clicking on the ' +' sign. The easiest way to do this is to scan the QR code that appears on the screen in your Paydock account. Once done, you will see a 6-digit code that should be pasted to the 6 Digit Code field within your Paydock Dashboard. Then click Add account to complete the setup. The whole process is described here.
The process for Twilio Authy is similar to the Google Authenticator process described above, however this tool also allows you to create an encrypted backup of all your accounts. For further details, please read read this process.
Adding, pausing and deleting tokens
You can also add new tokens from the Two-factor authentication menu. When clicking on Actions next to the existing token, you can delete or pause it. The paused one can be re-activated in the future. If several tokens are active, you can take the 6-digit code for the login from any of the authenticator apps.
If you want to disable the 2FA in your account, you will need to delete or pause all the tokens in your account. It is not possible to reinstate the deleted token. Once you confirm that you want to delete it, it is archived and is no longer available within the account. If you plan to use it in the future, it may be better to pause the token instead.