Add MasterCard to your payments ecosystem
To connect MasterCard to Paydock, you will need to register for a merchant account, completing MasterCard Sign Up process.
Step 1: Gather your credentials from MasterCard
Firstly, you will need to gather your credentials from Mastercard, this includes your Merchant ID, API password. You can find these parameters by logging into your Mastercard Merchant Administration.
Here is how to obtain your password:
- Login into the Mastercard Merchant Administration.
- Navigate to Admin > Integration Settings.
- Click the Edit button in the section Integration Authentication.
- Enable Password 1 (or Password 2) and generate a password.
- Click the Submit button.
Step 2: Connect MasterCard to your Paydock Account
- Log into your Paydock Production or Sandbox account;
- Navigate to Services from the menu on the left;
- Click on the Add New tab from the top of the page;
- Navigate to or search MasterCard and click on the Activate button;
- Complete the field descriptions to connect. Field descriptions are as follows:
- Label – this is for your reference only. In PayDock, you are able to add multiple instances of a payment gateway or method. This can be helpful for tracking campaigns or income streams.
- Merchant – this is your MasterCard Merchant ID here.
- Password – this is your MasterCard API password.
- Select Environment Mode – this describes whether you are connected to a MasterCard Production or a Sandbox Environment. Production is used to process real transactions. Sandbox is used for testing purposes only. Please ensure you’re using the correct set of credentials for the type of environment you require to use.
- Click Connect. You have successfully connected MasterCard to Paydock!
If you would like to create a gateway using a Paydock API call, feel free to use this guide.
NB: It's worth noticing that currently we only support the Asia Pacific region and AUD currency for MasterCard.